Sunday, January 27, 2008

apple.macbook.ipod...


Apple over the years has quickly gone from 0 - hero when it comes to design/concept/product.

Apple pretty much established simple (white space) design as we know it.
They inspire simple designs in all of us, with the advertisements, their packaging and there products.

Simple, consistent white background, and sans serif type.


When people buy a desktop Computer, they usually hide it in the office, ignore it until its needed. With a Mac, you want to show it off, parade it around your friends and even shout
"Ha I got a Mac and You don't, Look at the beautifulness of it"

Well at least that's what I would like to do.

I bring my mac everywhere, especially to places where I may have to sit and wait, like at the mechanics, or doctors office. I get constant glances, and whispers. And everywhere once and a while I get people coming up to me and asking me how I like my mac. I respond with a casual "I love It, I wouldn't be able to function as a human being without it."

Mac has established itself so well with people who use macs. But as far as people who are still faithful PC users, they see macs as useless lumps of white or black plastic. The way I see it is, that PC users are just to scarred to venture away from their PCs and onto a new form of communication and function. They fear us mac users being right about everything we have said about Macs. PC users think they are always right.

1 comment:

LONDON FLATS said...

It really has begun with being at the very bottom for awhile, and then out of nowhere has flown to the top!(http://www.macjunk.com/files/macjunk/site_images/mac_composite.jpg)And they are totally great to show off! :D Heh heh. It's like a little kid with his new bike. All day you can just ride around on it and show off the neat little gdadgets, like the horn or the tennis balls stuck in the wheels. Macs are great and that's that! :)