Sunday, January 27, 2008

Design is (insert anything here).


Whether we notice it or not EVERYTHING is designed.

Designed to look pretty, to be functional, to define, to stand out, to commemorate, to honor, to warm, and to create a mood.

Currently I find my self addicted to watching movies with beautifully designed sets, costumes, music, and life styles.

One of my favorites as of right now is Marie Antoinette.
The shoes, the dresses, the music, the colours, and the patterns, all send my brain into design mode.

Another thing that is permanently one of my addictions is shoes.
I love the colours, that patterns, the styles. I love having a pair of shoes that stands out from the rest. A pair of shoes almost defines who we are, and our lifestyle. Sneakers may say that the wearer is casual, doesn't feel the need to spend more then $40.00 on shoes, and will only make a purchase if they are comfortable. A pair of steel toe boots, suggests ruggedness, heavy metal, and a tough exterior. A pair of designer pumps shows class, style, that they have money and aren't afraid to spend it, and that looking good makes them fear nothing.
I love shoes, and despite my non existent income, and quickly depleting balance in my bank account, I still find my self jumping to by a new pair of shoes. The images above are of 2 pairs I bought this weekend. I spent weeks looking for some in my size and as soon as I found them, I did not hesitate to pull out my wallet.

Fortunately for my bank account (and my mother) they where on sale.

Maybe one day I'll make my way over to Germany for some (from what I hear) fantastic shoe shopping.

3 comments:

LONDON FLATS said...

First you talk of Macs, now shoes! :) This is honestly my most favourite blog ever Jackie. :D Your new shoes are the most gorgeous pair I ever did see! Tres chic! Must be hard to walk in them, but I wouldn't care because they are so pretty. Sooo what size do you wear? Hmm.. Please say 9! Haha. That movie looks so good! The costumes, food (cupcakes) and everything just make it seem so great!

plasticandy said...

AHAHAH
ya i do wear 9 :P

plasticandy said...

AHAHAH
ya i do wear 9 :P