Sunday, February 10, 2008

Well...

What Print do you consume?

I can not get enough of magazines. Every time I go to chapters that is the first section I go to, and I am compelled to purchase the rack.

I have subscriptions to:
Applied Arts, Ad Busters, Wallpaper, indesign, and Vogue

I love how each of those magazines have such a different look and different layout designs. I like the different types of paper each magazine contains.

All of my magazines are covered in post it notes marking different layouts and/or designs that completely blew me away and inspired me in my own work.

The newspaper Metro is also one of my favorite printed things. Although I don't have access to it, every once and a while my mom will bring it home and ill get to read it. The covers for the metro are for the most part, really beautiful. I actually have a few framed up on my wall.


How Will The Design World Change Print Media?

Honestly I really can't answer this question. Design changes so frequently that it is almost impossible to keep up with it. It is basically moving as fast as technology, because the more technological options that are available the more design options become available. I would much rather read something off of paper rather then off of the computer screen, and I think most of the society feels that way as well. Print is like tradition, people repeat it over and over again, and it never changes. When a regular routine, like retrieving a newspaper off of the front step is broken, it throws people off, and makes them feel uneasy. It has become a type of comfort for them.


Will Print Die?

No matter how big of a part technology plays in our lives, people will always come back to print. Technology isn't as reliable as having a hard copy in your hands. You can't depend on it to be their forever, but print you can. I do not think print will die, I think that it has established it self so strongly in all of our lives that if it where to be removed it would be greatly missed.

No comments: