Sunday, February 10, 2008

My responsibilty as a Designer

I know that the career path I have chosen comes with the power to influence what other people think. I have heard that some people don't like the way that we have that power and don't agree with it and it's almost brain washing tendencies. Yet the very people that say they are against that, have been affected somehow by advertising as well, and are either unaware of it or don't want to admit it.

I honestly do not think it is remotely possible to not be influeced in any way by any form of media.

People who say they aren't and that they are "original" are exactly like everyone else who is "original" and that "original" attitude is a copy of someone else's attitude from a band or something along those lines.

I do feel that it is my resposiblitliy not to alter the truth or sell a lie. Because we have such a big influence on everybody, we have a great power, and it is our resposiblitly not to abuse it.

1 comment:

Heather Lowry @hed_lo said...

can you expand this into environmental responsibility?