Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Reflection on AIGA part one

AIGA Command X was an excellent experience for not only the students that participated in it, but also for our own class. It was an excellent experience for the students that participated in it; because of the opportunity they had for people that are high in the graphic design industry to give their full opinion on what they thought about their work. It was also a good opportunity for our class because it almost reassures us that what we are actually doing in class could easily match what the students had done up there.

The only thin I had a problem with was, the judges and the host. They where either to busy talking about what they had done in the past, or cracking corny jokes, rather then giving full detail feedback. And the host...he was so cheesy, it became annoying.

Other then that, I would love to have participated in something like that with the short time limits, because most of my best work is done when I am under pressure for a time limit. It is also very reassuring to me when I get feedback from people I have either never met, or are somehow correlated in the industry.

No comments: