Wednesday, April 16, 2008

my compliments


The person I would like to commend is my mother, Susan.

She was a single mom for about 12 years, raising my brother and me.

At the time, I had no idea the struggles she went through. But now, when she tells me stories about what it was like back then for her, I understand. She had been in and out of courts, trying to get my father to pay child support, which put her into a lot of debt. She had to keep the tags on nice clothes so she could return them afterwards. She told me how difficult it was to find a babysitter for me and my brother, either because we where two crazy children, or when she did find one, they ended up stealing things from our house.

My mom worked so hard to get us out of where we where to where we are now.

Even now, while in school, and running short on money, she insures I have what I need.

I love her so much, and I am so grateful for everything she has done for me, and given me.

I only hope to one day pay her back for everything.

No comments: